We Are InkHouseMeet us
A public relations and social content agency for the digital age. We boost the brands of early-stage startups, Fortune 100 companies, and lots of companies in between.
An RX for Healthcare Public Relations
From new clients to old friends, I’m often asked the same two questions about my job: 1. How did I get involved in healthcare public relations? 2. Do I enjoy it? To the first question – here’s my short (ish) answer: I come from a family of healthcare providers. My father is one of the “TopRead the full post
What We Do
At our core, we are message makers and tenacious storytellers. What makes us stand out from the pack is the way we ply our craft. We are thoughtful communicators who create custom public relations programs that power brand awareness. But we don't stop there. Through our content marketing practice, we can turn that brand awareness into measurable demand creation.
Customized programs that turn great stories into brand awareness
Amazing stories start here. But amazing stories alone aren’t enough. Getting them heard is harder than ever. The digital world is noisy and frenetic. Today, anyone with a blog and a Twitter handle is an expert, and news cycles last minutes, not days.
At InkHouse, we take a journalistic approach to telling your story. We believe that the story should dictate the form. We might recommend the tried and true press release, but in other cases, a blog post, infographic, micro-video, or even a cartoon, will carry your story to a wider audience.
We also believe that having news is an important part of PR, but we don’t count on it. We’ll pitch your news and get it covered, but we also know how to create news when there isn’t any. And isn’t that the hardest part? Our PR programs are designed to build brands and drive ongoing interest. Give us your ideas. We’ll turn them into coverage, website traffic, and social media engagement.
- Strategy:setting the course
- Messaging:shaping your story
- Thought leadership:formulating your point of view
- Media relations:getting ink
- Analyst relationsvalidating your approach
- Content creationcrafting your story in the right form
- Social media programs:making your content social
- Crisis communications:mitigating and managing issues
- Media training:helping you get quoted
- Speaking engagements and awards
The engine that turns brand awareness into measureable leads
Content marketing transforms brand awareness into demand creation. Audiences have an insatiable appetite for information and entertainment. And their content consumption habits are changing by the day (who knew what Buzzfeed was a year ago?). Our content marketing practice helps our clients turn ideas and content into leads. Here’s how it works:
Steered by the InkHouse Editorial Guidebook, we outline your strategy – define your target audiences, set the editorial direction, and crystallize the calendar.
Our team of brand journalists and visual storytellers bring your content marketing strategy to life. From creating “teaser content” to drive initial interest (such as blog posts, videos, infographics and e-newsletters) to “conversion content” complete with forms and landing pages (think e-books, webinars, custom reports), our team creates the content that will compel your audience to action.
Our social media specialists seed and syndicate your content across your owned media channels, appropriate earned and paid social media channels and targeted blogs and media. With analytics in place, we then measure the impact by examining traffic patterns and lead generation results. Then we continually adjust the strategy for optimal performance.
Data visualization, graphic design and filmmaking to bring your story to life
The human brain doesn’t have the capacity to take in all the information being thrown at it. We remember about 10 percent of what we read, but more than half of what we see. And we process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. That’s where our in-house team of visual storytellers comes in.
Infographics turn data into shareable stories. Our infographics often gain both viral success through social media and press outlets such as the Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, USA Today and Mashable. Meanwhile, our website design and interactive media bring your story to life through visual dialogue and user experience. Slideshows, e-books and speaker presentations are other ways we help our clients spread their stories.Check out our portfolio
From our 15-second InkHouse Condensed Films to animated explainer videos to editorial movies, InkHouse Films lets you show (and tell) your story.See some of our favorites
Who We Are
A best-selling author. The head of communications for a software company from startup through IPO. A widely quoted industry analyst. Award-winning journalists from the Associated Press, Adweek, New York Times Co. and CBS News. Recipients of more than five dozen PR industry awards. These are just a handful of the 75+ communicators who make up InkHouse – one of the fastest-growing independent PR firms in the nation. (And did we mention we’ve been named agency of the year three times?)
Beth MonaghanCo-Founder and CEO
Tina CassidyExecutive Vice President & Chief Content Officer
Jason MorrisWest Coast General Manager & Executive Vice President
Patrick MonaghanChief Operating Officer
Ed HarrisonSenior Vice President
Samantha McGarrySenior Vice President
Alison MorraSenior Vice President
Greg Peverill-ContiSenior Vice President
Heather BlissVice President
Tiffany DarmetkoVice President
Linda WalshVice President
Susan ElsbreeVice President
Dan O’MahonyVice President
Keith GianniniVice President
Elizabeth YekhtikianVice President
Lauren ArnoldVice President
Clodagh BoyleVice President, Marketing
Meg O’LearyCo-Founder & Partner Emeritus
InkHouse has been recognized by:
From venture-backed innovators to established leaders, our experience in B2B is second to none. We’ve helped hundreds of tech companies build market awareness and establish their leadership across a range of sectors, including cloud computing, defense, IT security, mobile, healthcare, manufacturing and more.
Reaching today’s hyper-connected, over-stimulated consumer is harder than ever. For consumer tech companies your story needs to be bold and needs to hit the consumer over and over again wherever she is – whether reading a favorite magazine, watching a morning show, or checking out her Facebook newsfeed. We’ve helped dozens of B2C companies—from gadget makers to app innovators to apparel companies – reach their target consumers through powerful media coverage and social traction.
The path from drawing board to ribbon cutting is full of twists and turns. Our real estate team’s expertise includes navigating the permitting process and winning over the community, to supporting construction, sales, leasing and deal flow goals. Using a unique combination of aggressive public relations and social content, our real estate practice brings tech-savvy tools and tactics to reach a wide range of audiences and help you seize the cycle.
We know how to turn executives into thought leaders. And for services companies – ranging from venture capitalists to law firms to management consultancies – showcasing your expertise through traditional and social media can position you as the “go-to” resource in your industry. Our thought leadership process helps services firms articulate their point of views in ways that capture the attention of their target audiences and ultimately advance your business goals.
Organizations dedicated to serving humanity often share common handicaps: scarcity of funds, and competition for mindshare among other attention-worthy causes. So our work with non-profits is all about getting outsized results on a limited budget through abundant creativity, passion and know-how. These are the currencies that we invest in your mission to help connect nonprofits with the people who need their services as well as the potential donors who fuel your mission.
Educational institutions serve many constituents. We understand how to create programs that gain visibility for faculty research, that engage existing and incoming students, and that set the tone for the discussions that draw in donors and corporate partners. This often requires operating on multiple rails: seeding thoughtful points of view in the business press, engaging through social media campaigns, producing live events and fueling a memorable content campaign all at once.
Whether your audience is payers, providers, patients or a third party, you need a clear message and unique point of view to break through and rise about the competition. InkHouse’s team of healthcare experts are pros in distilling clinical, technical and scientific language into messages that show bottom line benefits, resonate with key audiences and help change behaviors. From creative campaigns to storytelling with compelling graphics to thought leadership programs, InkHouse is relentless in getting our clients heard. We represent visionary healthcare IT and digital health companies that are making a difference in the world, today and tomorrow.
Judge us by the company we keep. We represent some of the most exciting companies in the technology, consumer, real estate, healthcare and professional services marketplaces. For these clients, we've launched products, inserted executives' opinions into the national debate, engaged opinionated bloggers, invented news that became tomorrow's headlines, and written speeches heard by thousands.
Sample Clients Include
If you live and breathe social media and the news, like working as a team member, enjoy multi-tasking as a core personality trait, take pride in every word you write, and have mastered the use of the semi-colon, we want to hear from you. InkHouse needs creative thinkers who can exceed our clients’ high expectations.
Sound like you? Send your resume and cover letter to us firstname.lastname@example.org
At InkHouse, we understand that a balance between our work and personal lives makes us all better at both, so we strive to offer a flexible workplace with competitive benefits. These include the following (subject to eligibility requirements):
The important stuff
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Medical and Dependent Care Section 125 Pre-Tax
- Reimbursement Accounts
- 401(K) with 4% match
- 100% Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid Long and Short-Term Disability
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Employee Referral Program
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Commuter Benefits
The fun stuff
- Happy Hours (or Forced Office Fun as we call it) every other Thursday
- Work from Home Fridays (yes, every Friday)
- Paid volunteer time at your favorite non-profit every quarter
- Your Birthday off (shouldn’t this be a law anyway?)
- Our Annual ACE (Agency Client Evaluation) Awards (let’s just say that last year’s winner went to the Bahamas on us)
Senior Account Executive (San Francisco)
Reporting directly to a director or vice president, the senior account executive serves as the day-to-day media liaison on a number of the agency’s flagship accounts. This person should have a strong media and blogger relations background in business-to-business and consumer technology public relations, including traditional and social media. They should have excellent writing skills, and clients communication and presentation skills are critical. This person should have significant experience pitching technology media, publications and bloggers. The ideal candidate should have approximately 4 to 6 years of experience. Agency background is a must.
– 4 – 6 years of experience in PR
– Agency experience is required
– Experience in b2b or consumer technology
– B.S./B.A. public relations, marketing, communications, or related field
– Excellent writing skills
– Strong pitching skills
– Ability to organize and manage multiple client responsibilities
Graphic Designer (San Francisco)
We’re InkHouse – a public relations and social content agency for the digital age. We boost brands and incite interest. And we’re looking for a superstar Graphic Designer to join our growing creative team. As part of our in-house team, the Designer will be responsible for working on the creative design for our clients’ initiatives, as well as InkHouse marketing and design.
Our ideal candidate will promote and practice user-centered design in creating products across web, social platforms, and print. The majority of the work will be digital, but solid print skills are also a must. Some examples:
– Presentations, data visualization
– Social media campaign graphics
– Animations – gifs, cinemagraphs, motion graphics
– Web design
– Email design
– Landing pages
– Brand development/corporate identity projects
– Print projects
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- You have a collaborative mindset, and the ability to work with the senior creative designers, content strategists, and PR teams on all design solutions from initial concept development to refining and finalizing projects
- You work well independently and can operate as a stand alone Designer in San Francisco, taking direction from a team that is located on the east coast
- You assist with defining project scope, objectives, and deliverables to meet the needs of the team
- You attend and present at client and internal agency meetings when required
- You gain an intimate knowledge of InkHouse’s full range of services and work with past and current clients
- You get results and meet deadlines through proven creativity, technical skill, effective communication, and keen eye for detail
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field preferred
- Three to five years of graphic design experience at an agency
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid knowledge of the graphic design process including design and typography, production procedures, printing and photography and digital file prep
- Proven experience with website [responsive] design/digital production, incl. best practices like wireframing etc.
- Experience designing for social campaigns across platforms (FB, LI, Instagram, Twitter etc.)
- Supreme comfort on a Mac OS
- Skilled on Adobe CS6, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AfterEffects
- Strong familiarity with HTML5 and CSS, willingness to hone coding skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS, willingness to learn/hone coding skills
Nice to Haves
- - Experience with video editing
– WordPress administration
– Illustration skills
Content Strategist (San Francisco)
The Content Strategist is a critical role with responsibility for developing PR and social content, writing effectively across different mediums for varied audiences. This fast-paced, deadline-oriented role will be responsible for managing a content program and working strategically as a team member on large and content-heavy accounts. The Content Strategist is a highly creative self-starter, with excellent writing skills, and strong detail-orientation. Prior journalism, PR/communications, content and amplification experience is required.
• Manage a content program, including amplification, syndication, etc.
• Write PR content for teams under tight deadlines
• Understand amplification and content placement channels
• Produce clean, high quality content requiring little editing
• Write blogs, contributed articles, and social content
• Stay up-to-date on PR content trends and client trends
• 3-5 years’ experience in journalism or public relations content
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations/communications, or related field required
• Prior PR content and amplification experience required
• Superior writing skills
• Strong detail-orientation, sense of urgency, and ability to multitask
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to work effectively as part of a team
Enough about us.
We want to hear about you.
What message are you trying to get out?
You can reach us at:
Waltham260 Charles Street
Waltham, MA 02453 (781) 966-4100
San Francisco832 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94111 (415) 299-6600